- Mallika Srinivasan –elected Chairman of UNITEA – Download
- Schools, Hospitals, Pension Schemes, Retirement Housing- the workers can’t have it better! And in recognition of all the welfare activities that UNITEA does, Fairtrade has been quietly pitching in. They have been paying a high premium for UNITEA a tea, which is being used not only to further labour welfare but also to improve the quality of life in the surrounding communities.
- UNITEA partnered with Fairtrade (then Transfair, Germany) to build the certification guidelines for tea plantations. This was a first for both, as Fairtrade only had guidelines for Cocoa, Banana and Coffee. UNITEA went onto become one of the first to receive the FLO certificate.
Did You Know
- Effective Jul 2012, UNESCO has granted “World Heritage Site Status” WHSS to the Western Ghats. Thus coining the word “Heritage Teas” from our own Chamraj and Korakundah estates in Nilgiris.
- UNITEA holds the honour for the being the first tea garden in India to be certified by FLO (earlier Transfair); and is also the first in India and second in the world to be certified by Rainforest Alliance. Yet another jewel in UNITEA’s crown.
- Wondered what the Rainforest Alliance Logo is all about? It is the Red-eyed tree frog. Though not endangered, its habitat, the rainforest, is shrinking due to a mixture of deforestation and other environmental issues. What better way to raise awareness of the fast shrinking rainforest cover